Sunday 24 March 2013

Book Review - Beave new world by Aldous Huxley

I've wanted to read this book for years, it's one of those 'must reads', a 'classic sci fi'. It's mentioned and referenced in lots of sci fi books I've read, so thought it was time to see what the fuss is about.
I was surprised by the amount of sexual content. Not that this book is smutty or racey, it just deals with some quite unusual sexual activities. With my own prudish ways put to one side, the book was very well thought out, with very plausible predictions of the future.
The lead characters were fascinating and engaging and I always wanted to know what was to happen next. The story itself was a little bland with no real conclusion. The moral dilemmas and questions of 'happiness verses freedom' were stimulating to ponder over, but felt a little week.
In summary, I enjoyed the characters and vision of the future, but i felt let down by the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment