Wednesday 16 July 2014

The scarification project - The aftercare


The Following Morning
The after care of scarification isn't easy, but it is necessary to ensure a good resulting scar and no infection. The painful and laborious after care is the reason I said I would never have any more scars done after my first scars in 2011. But I rarely listen to myself!

Day 01: The area is very sore and very stingy, showering is very painful, the hydrogen peroxide bubbles lots and stings like hell when applied. I took about 20 minutes in the shower gently applying the hydrogen peroxide and rinsing off with the shower head on the lowest pressure. Once out of the shower and padded dry, applying the Vaseline on the area is difficult as scar is very tender to the touch. I wrap my self up in cling films and have misfortune to have to go to work.

Day 02 and Day 03 are the same as Day 01, sore, tender and frustrating, I can't run, and I love running, but I love this scar and have to take care of it.

Wrapped up
Day 04 - A small break through the hydrogen peroxide is not longer stinging when I'm cleaning the area in the shower.

Day 05 - I can now rub the sugar along the wounds along with the hydrogen peroxide with out it really hurting.

Day 06 - Starting to feel  a lot more flexible, the tenderness is going too.

Day 07 - Feels like the scars are healing and no longer any discomfort.

Day 08 - Not very sore at all, and I can take the shower at full blast directly on scar.

Day 09 - Very little pain when cleaning now, however it is now feeling prickly and itchy.

After 1 week
Day 10 - Sooooo itchy had an extra lunch time shower just to relieve the frustration.

Day 11 - Having 3 or 4 showers a day to try and calm the itchiness, hardly any pain now when cleaning

Day 12 - The end is near, today is the final day that I have to Vaseline and wrap up in clings film after cleaning

After 12 days of cleaning, and wrapping in cling film I can finally rid myself of the cling film, I am still cleaning with hydrogen peroxide for another 7 days though.

19 days after the scars were done, I can finally stop cleaning s with hydrogen peroxide twice a day, and go go back to normal relaxing showers, although I have changed to a zero perfume, pH 5.5, natural balanced shower gel to avoid any irritations.

After 2 months
The scar is healing nicely now but does feel tight, so I'm regularly stretching by hanging off a chin up bar which is sore but only for a very short time. I'm also back running again which feels amazing. After 3 weeks I feel that the scars are healed, but still starting to raise up, the texture of the scars is incredible.

As I'm writing this blog it's 5 months since I had the work done and the redness is now starting to fade, to a pinky white colour. The scars I had done back in 2011 are still changing, they change colour and texture depending on how hydrated I am and how hot it is. It like having interactive tattoos. This work still has a lot of settling to do and will get lighter and lighter, over the next 6 or 7 months.
After 5 months


Again HUGE thanks to:
Iestyn from Divine Canvas - http://divine-canvas.com/
and
Quentin from Kalima Emporium - http://www.kalima.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment